If you get this error message, there is absolutely no reason to panic. There are several reasons why the Google app may stop working. For example, the trouble can be caused by the fact that the version of the Google app used is already out of date. We currently have 2 ways to fix this issue, one of which will help get rid of it.
Method 1: Clear Google app cache
Whenever you search for something in the Google app, search results and other data are saved as a cache on your device. Google applications can crash because of this. You can try clearing your Google app cache and see if that solves the problem. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to your smartphone settings;
- Scroll down and find "Apps";
- Tap on the Google application;
- Now clear the Google app cache by selecting this option;
- Additionally, you can repeat the same steps for "Google Play Services".
Clearing the cache can fix a bug in a Google app. You can even clear the cache of all apps in the same way.
Method 2: Clear Google app data
Alternatively, you can try deleting all Google app data. Clearing your Google app data will not erase your device's internal data, it will simply delete the result of your saved searches. To clear your Google app data, follow these steps:
- Go to your phone's settings and select "Apps";
- Then find the Google app in the list;
- Tap on "Clear data" -> "Manage space";
- Now select "Clear Google search data" and confirm it by tapping "OK";
We hope that at least one of the suggested solutions will help you fix the "Google keeps stopping" issue. If you found some other solution and it worked, share it in the comments. Your experience may help other Android users.