To delete the university account and start to use a new one is a way which suits no one. Indeed, all contacts, plays, programs and other important information will be deleted. Fortunately we have managed to find out that this issue arises due to the process of how Google interacts with emails accounts within .edu domain - University-managed Google accounts. Below we list two ways to tackle this problem.
1. Switch a university account to a private one.
To get rid of the error [DF-CHARTA-01] one can always add a new account to his Android-phone, then go to Google Play menu and switch Google Play to use the latter. To do so one has to follow the steps:
- Open Google Play;
- Tap Settings;
- You will see the name and email address associated with the account you are using;
- To select a different account, scroll down Selector;
- Select the account you want to use and tap on it.
Now your Google Play is supposed to work just fine!
2. Activating Google Play in administration console (only for students’ accounts)
- To use this method, one needs an administrator account;
- Open https://admin.google.com website using any browser;
- Select Add Account;
- Enter administrator account’s credentials on the login page.
You may see several accounts on the login page. Select the one which does not end in @gmail.com. That is the administrator account. If you do not have this one you may ask someone who has it. Further you have to activate Google Play box in Application option.
- Navigate Administrator Console -> Applications -> Additional Google Applications;
- Select Google Play.
- If you have created your account and/or you are able to create users accounts for your domain, you also may have an access to https://admin.google.com.
- If your account was provided by a university (a company, etc) , please, make sure you agree your actions with IT-department or administrator.
- [DF-CHARTA-01] error is not related to your private accounts.