Mostly the problem error 492 can be fixed by the following steps:
- Try to uninstall and reinstall the app. If that doesn’t work follow the steps below.
- Go to System Settings - Manage Applications - Select “All” tab;
- Now from all apps list, select Google Play Store and clear data and cache;
- Open Google Play and then try to update or install the app. It should work.
- If it doesn’t work, boot into recovery (Clockworkmod) and then Wipe cache and from advanced - Wipe Dalvik cache.
Note: This problem is common in case of Custom ROMs like Cyanogenmod. All customs ROMs have Clockworkmod so wiping cache shouldn’t be a problem.
Sometimes an error 492 appears if SD-card is broken. Thus if all steps above have been executed and the problem error 492 still remains, it is useful to format the SD-card and install apps.