Summer release of the MIUI beta-version brought the Dark Mode for Xiaomi smartphones. Naturally, not only developments but also the fans who are ready to get all updates right away started to test it. But there was bad luck. They found that the Dark Mode for some beta devices came as a stable update. However it became a problem to revert back the change. The dark theme remained. There is no way to disable it: no button neither switch key seems in the current firmware version.
Most interesting the fact was many users did not want to enable the Dark theme. The Dark Mode simple came by default. White elements like menu, notification font became black. Unfortunately the manufacture did not provide the method to disable the unpleasantness. Fortunately still there are two ways to tackle the issue:
- An easy procedure is to employ “Settings”;
- A third party app.
How to disable the Dark Mode on Xiaomi?
Method 1. To fix the issue without additional software installation.
Go to “Settings” -> Display -> Dark Mode -> Disable.
If this item isn’t available in device’s menu, proceed to the second method.
Method 2. To fix the issue using the third party app “Themes for Telegram”
- Download “Themes for Telegram” app from Google Play Store;
- Run it on your smartphone and permit asked settings;
- Go to “Settings” tapping three points in the up right corner and select the same name item;
- Go to “Night Mode”, tap “No”;
- Dark Mode should be disabled and you can uninstall the app.
If you know other ways to fix the issue on Xiaomi, share them in Comments below. We are sure they will be useful for someone.