It is not important which site (free or not) one uses to download his favorable theme. In any case he will get the message "Themes from third party sources not supported". This ban can be avoided by employing two methods we present below. Note that both methods are completely legal.
They are :
- Register yourself as a beta tester;
- Register yourself as a designer.
Today we will teach you how to remove the restrictions safely. You can choose any of the presented ways. Both work.
Register yourself as a beta tester
- Create your Mi account via email (it’s free);
- Install color avatar on your Mi account;
- Send a report of any problem emerged when using MIUI to "Screenshot problems " department;
- Wait till Xiaomi remove their restriction (about 2-3 days) and become a beta tester.
Official registration as a beta tester unbans downloads from third-party resources. Therefore the message "Themes from third party sources not supported" will not to be seen any longer.
Register yourself as a designer
- Create your Mi account either via email (the same way as in Method 1) or by using your phone number;
- Navigate http://designer.xiaomi.com/ and tap Login Now (right button);
- Input identifying information (phone number or email which was used for account creating), input your account password and then enter the site as a authorized user;
- When you see a pop-up window , choose the upper line- "Individual designer" and tap;
- Input your data:
a) Nickname – Designer name;
b) Your Real Name;
c) Your Mobile Number;
d) Your Post Address;
e) Tap the green button that submits your data and registers you as a designer;
- Wait until your data are verified that Xiaomi notify you through email, (approximately 2-3 days).
After receiving a notification in your email from Xiaomi that your are now officially is an application designer, you can download any themes from Android device memory without restrictions.