Getting ready to disable pattern unlock.
- This software is a part of Android SDK. Thus if you decide to install ADB in your PC, first, navigate to the official website to download Android Studio. In case you need just Android Debug Bridge it is enough to load the archive contains platform-tools without installing a full-fledged copy of Android SDK.
- You should toggle USB debugging going to the Developer Options on the general settings screen as soon as you buy a device. The problem is the activation this option in attaching your device to PC is impossible without taking a few preliminary steps. Therefore to disable pattern unlock using ADB is not possible.
Instruction to disable pattern unlock.
- Connect an Android device to PC, unzip platform-tools archive to any folder;
- To start running “Platform-tools” you should open “Platform-tools” folder, press and keep pressing “Shift” button and tap at free space with the other mouse button. You will see pull-down menu. Select “Open command prompt” ;
- Then input the code below, submit it by pressing “Enter”:
The first option:
adb shell cd /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases sqlite3 settings.db update system set value=0 where name=’lock_pattern_autolock’; update system set value=0 where name=’lockscreen.lockedoutpermanently’; .quit
The second option:
adb shellrm /data/system/gesture.key
The third option:
adb shell su rm /data/system/locksettings.db rm /data/system/locksettings.db-wal rm /data/system/locksettings.db-shm reboot
The fourth option:
adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.key
- After performing all steps, reboot your device. Now you can input a new pattern unlock.
We can not 100% guarantee that one of the above methods will definitely work. Nevertheless it is worth to try all of them. A great deal depends on the model of the device, its firmware. However many users solved this problem by employing the above methods first try. We wish you good luck!