It had been observed that debris and dust in dynamics area are often the course of proximity sensor malfunction. A proximity sensor is located at the top of smartphones. If you turn your phone at a small angle, you can see this and other sensors. They are close to the dynamics and look like small holes under screen glass. If debris or dust enter the holes, sensors stop working. Therefore, before turning off a proximity sensor, you better clean your phone.
How to clean your phone to restore the proximity sensor functionality?
- Turn off your phone and blow the dynamic with compressed air.
- Make sure there is no debris or dust in the dynamic of your phone. (If necessary, carefully use a toothpick or other tool appropriate to remove debris.)
- Restart your device and check the proximity sensor functionality.
How to disable a proximity sensor on your Android?
- Turn on your phone, go to "Settings", then "System Apps";
- Scroll down the applications list to "Call settings";
- Tap "Incoming call settings";
- Disable a proximity sensor. The procedure and tools may vary depending on your phone model and Android OS version;
- Test your phone during a call again. Is you have disabled the proximity sensor, the screen should not turn off when you hold your device close to your face or place your hand close to the screen while talking.
You see, it is not difficult to disable a proximity sensor. It is up to you to decide whether you need it. We will glad to have your comments on “for” and “against” disability.