Possible causes for the issue
- Home touch button/fingerprint sensor has been damaged (when one opens the device on his own or after a hard break);
- Software dysfunction;
- Button surface is wet or dirty;
- Change of fingerprint pattern (it might be result of physical skin damage like its coarsen due to chilblain, chemicals, calluses).
How to fix the dysfunctional fingerprint scanner?
Tip 1: If you are sure that the button is damaged, take your device to a repair shop. Mostly repairmen manage to fix it.
Tip 2: Update your phone software. It is quite possible you missed important apps upgrades which led your device scanner to malfunction. If, contrariwise, your phone stopped working after upgrading, return to the previous version. You can reset factory settings (do not forget to save a reserve copy to secure entire information).
Tip 3: Damp (not soggy!) cotton swab wetted with alcohol and carefully wipe a button surface. Make it dry and check whether the sensor is working. Tap the button with clean and dry fingers.
Tip 4: It is a very effective way to delete a registered fingerprint. A fingerprinting scanner is not only getting right but also faster. Take the following steps:
- Remove the registered fingerprint;
- Go to "Settings" -> "Sound & vibration", turn off "Screen locking sounds";
- Return to "Settings" -> "Lock screen & password" and setup 2 minutes;
- Then enter fingerprints like that: first time touch the sensor with a dry finger, second time with moisten (not wet!) finger. As an option you can touch a moisten sponge first or just lick your finger.
As though it sounds ridiculous this method works and does it perfectly. It has been tested on Xiaomi smartphones.
Do you know other effective methods to make a fingerprinting scanner work? Tell us in Comments below how you have managed to teach your device scanner not "to be slow". Definitely your way will capture attention of our readers.